EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT ROUNDTABLE
First Call’s Early Childhood Development Roundtable brings together early childhood advocates to monitor how public policy and investments are serving our youngest children. Participants share information on the state of services and supports in their local communities and on new developments in their fields of work.
The roundtable has regular participation from officials from provincial, federal and some municipal governments. This facilitates dialogue and feedback to inform public policy development and to share government plans and intentions with members of the early childhood field.
Roundtable participants work together to bring attention to the need for a comprehensive framework for action for early childhood development in BC. This work has resulted in the publication of the Early Childhood Development in BC: First Call’s Framework for Action (2003) and Make BC’s Young Children and Families a Priority: A Call to Action (2015).
From its early days, the roundtable has formed a strong consensus around four primary goals:
- To improve pregnancy outcomes
- To support parents of young children
- To build a system of high quality, affordable, accessible child care services
- To develop and enhance a system of early identification, support and intervention for families with children at risk for developmental delay and children with disabilities
To be reminded of upcoming meetings and to receive meeting minutes join our ECD Roundtable email list.
Upcoming ECD Roundtable Meetings
Our regular in-person meetings at the Vancouver offices of the BC Government & Service Employees Union are suspended until further notice due to the danger of spreading COVID-19. We will be hosting virtual meetings using Zoom for the following dates until public health authorities change their guidance about public meetings and social distancing.
- Wednesday September 29, 2021 from 9:30-12:00pm
- RSVP to email@example.com for Zoom link
- Meeting materials will be posted here
Next Roundtable Meetings 2021
ECD Roundtable Minutes