British Columbia has the highest poverty rate in Canada, and is now one of only two provinces left without a poverty reduction plan. Now is the time to tell your political candidates you want to vote for strong leadership on poverty reduction.
If you’re concerned about low wages, low welfare rates, the housing crisis, skyrocketing child care fees, the inaccessibility of education, the lack of essential health care, and marginalized groups in BC come and join the conversation about what we can do to address these critical issues!
Register at http://bit.ly/povreductionwebinar
Learn more about a poverty reduction plan for BC and how to take action in this critical time, featuring a fantastic line-up of community experts:
- Ted Bruce, Public Health Association of BC
- Rita Chudnovsky, Child Care Advocates of BC
- Ivan Drury, Social Housing Coalition of BC
- Kathy Hartman, BC Teachers’ Federation
- Bill Hopwood, Raise the Rates
- Seth Klein, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives – BC
- Gudrun Langolf, Council of Senior Citizens’ Organizations of BC
- Robin Loxton, BC Coalition of People with Disabilities
- Katie Marocchi, Canadian Federation of Students – BC
- Adrienne Montani, First Call: BC Child and Youth Advocacy Coalition
- Eyob Naizghi, M.O.S.A.I.C.