The Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children (CCRC) recently sent out a newsletter that addresses the question, “What difference could it make if children’s rights were taken more seriously as we all think about the way we respond to the COVID 19 pandemic?” The categories of Kathy Vandergrift, Co-Chair’s, reflections include:
- Children: Vectors, Group to be protected, Agents with evolving capacities
- Childcare as an Essential Service for Children
- Vulnerable Children: Will there be special provisions?
- Child-centered Education
- Children and Economic Pandemic
- Children’s Rights as an Asset to Govern Well for Children in Times Like These
Some of the topics in Kathy’s reflections, including child care and food insecurity, are discussed later in this newsletter.