Mon., Nov. 7, 2016
149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Coffee will be served and a reception follows
Free but please RSVP
Join members of First Call for a dialogue on BC public school funding moderated by Dr. Paul Shaker from Simon Fraser University.
Alex Hemingway, a researcher with the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, will share facts about public education funding. This is followed by a panel discussion with:
- Alanna Hendren, Executive Director, Developmental Disabilities Association
- Jason Chan, Family and Youth Counsellor, SUCCESS
- Ken Clement, CEO, Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network and former Vancouver School Trustee
- Dylan Falconer, Program Manager, PLEA Community Services
- Carol White, Executive Director, Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood House
We’ll explore how well vulnerable students—including those who are Aboriginal, immigrant, refugee and living with special needs, in poverty and in foster care—are being served in BC’s public schools.
The event is free but please RSVP
December 2016 update: Video of the panel discussion has been shared by Your Education Matters at SFU: