Early Childhood Development Roundtable
First Call: BC Child and Youth Advocacy Coalition
United Way of the Lower Mainland, 4543 Canada Way, Burnaby
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 – 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
1. Welcome and Agenda
- Introductions, regrets
- Adoption of the agenda
2. Review of Previous Meeting Minutes – May 17, 2017
- Actions arising
o Letter re play space regulations – still no reply + new govt: discuss
o Follow up with RCY
o Invitation to Wayne Robertson, Provincial Child Care Council
3. ECD Sector Updates/Presentations/Discussions
- MCFD Updates (tbc)
- Update on Early Years Access Barriers Survey
- Update on Early Years Call to Action campaign
- Differential fees for special needs children in child care settings
- SCDP/ASCDP Provincial Data Report
- New video modules on cultural competency for ECEs (to view)
- OECD International Early Learning Study: What happened next?
- Query: Update on Nurse Family Partnership study in BC?
4. Member Updates and New Resources
5. Future Meeting Dates
Wednesdays, 9:30 am to noon:
- November 1, 2017
- January 24, 2018
- March 28, 2018
- May 23, 2018
- September 19, 2018
- October 31, 2018
Download previous minutes
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
All meetings are held from 9:30 am–12:00 pm at the United Way of the Lower Mainland, 4543 Canada Way in Burnaby. The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Call-in participation is also available for those outside of the Lower Mainland. Contact us the Monday before the meeting if you intend to call in to the meeting and we will send you the details and any materials the day before.
First Call is grateful for the generous in-kind support of the United Way of the Lower Mainland in hosting our ECD Roundtable meetings.